Just recently My computer got infected by some viruses and I got the same problem. However I anyhow managed to find the solution to overcome this issue through some research in internet. And thought to post it here.
So here's the Solution:-
The First and foremost thing that you have to do is to check that you have enabled the Show hidden files and folder or not.
1. Go to Tools > Folder options. This will show a folder options menu.
2. Go to View tab and select the option “Show hidden files and folder”
The hidden files and folders are displayed by this method normally. But in case if some viruses or malicious script is preventing the hidden files and folders from being visible, follow the below steps:1. Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
Regedit is the Soul of your computer, So mostly several type of viruses or malicious script try to attack it first.
2. Then after Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files. That's it!
Now I'm sure that the problem will get fixed. Try going again to folder options and checking by "show hidden files". Now the files and folders that you were trying to access will get visible.